Summer Reading List

One thing I don't miss about high school: summer reading lists. 

Now my alma mater never assigned terrible books, and even though I love reading, something about being forced to read put a bad taste in my mouth (Can you believe I hated The Great Gatsby summer before sophomore year, but now it's one of my favorites?). 

But now that I'm not forced to read The Grapes of Wrath or Jane Eyre (also a great book I hated the first time around), I can read whatever I want! Yay college

Here are some I'm planning to read soon! You can follow me on Goodreads to track my progress or get more ideas for your own summer reading!


I also plan to re-read the Harry Potter series because I'm taking a Harry Potter literature class in the fall (again, "Yay college!").

What do you plan to read this summer? 


2 comments

  1. I hated Jane Eyre the first time I read it too, but now i've read it twice and like it a lot more. The Opposite of Loneliness is on my reading list too! Pride and Prejudice is always a favorite of mine & Where'd you Go Bernadette was pretty good too. I wasn't really a fan of Gone Girl but everyone else I've ever talked to loves it. I hope you enjoy all the books! Reading is one of my favorite pastimes

    -Dani
    The Postcard Journals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Reading's one of my favorites, too. I read the other Gillian Flynn novels and really liked them, so I hope Gone Girl isn't a let-down. I can't wait to read Pride and Prejudice! I tried back in middle school but just couldn't get through it.

      Delete